Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Change and Opportunities



Ever since surgery, I have been feeling amazing! I have noticed a change in my personality, and in the way that I think. For those who know me, I am a shy and reserved person. Now, I am more talkative, and am able to think and process things faster.
I had a follow-up appointment with my Neurosurgeon last week, and he was blown away at how well I have recovered. He told me that aura's (sensations before a seizure) have an affect on the way we function, which often clouds how the brain processes. Since I have been seizure free for a month now (my all time record!), I have been able to enjoy the last bit of summer and get a job as a French Tutor at my college for the school year.
Many opportunities have come my way after surgery, and I thank God for His perfect timing. Although I wasn't able to go to France this past summer, He has blessed me with an amazing job: tutoring something I am very passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment