Friday, July 26, 2013

Surgery is Almost Here!


This has been, and will continue to be an emotional week for me. It’s my last week of summer to live it up before surgery. I didn’t realize how big of a deal this was until people from church prayed and talked to me.

I wouldn’t say that I haven’t had moments of weakness this week, because it is perfectly natural to feel the emotions that I am feeling right now: stressed, scared, nervous, anxious, etc. I found myself getting teary-eyed throughout the day I met with the Neurosurgeon because things were officially real. Surgery will take several hours, and the process of it is terrifying to think of (I won’t go into all of the scary details). It goes back to the topic of trust – trusting God, and my Neurosurgeon; I can’t let this scare me because I am in great hands.

I got a call today from the Neurosurgeon’s office saying that I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 AM this upcoming Monday. I am going to be honest here…I don’t know how to feel about surgery. People ask me how I am feeling, and my response is, “I’m not sure, but I am sure that I won’t be sleeping Sunday night!” Even though surgery is days away, it still seems pretty distant to me. It will hit me the day of, when we are driving to the hospital. At that moment, I will have the answer to the question everyone is asking me: Are you scared?

 Keep me in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment