Thursday, July 4, 2013

Experiencing Life


It hasn't quite hit me that I will be having brain surgery. People ask me if I am scared, and my response is, "Not yet." When it's time for my appointment with the Neurosurgeon, reality will sink in. Like everything in life, trusting God and giving it all to Him is how I stay strong. 

Brain surgery is something that people hear and automatically think,"Whoa, that's scary!" Yes, it is scary. There are complications and risks that can happen, but I decided to accept the challenges that will come because my health is so important to me. How many people my age would turn down a dream of a study abroad? Not very many. 

When I sat down in the Doctor's office for my first appointment with my Epileptologist, I didn't know that I would be making some of the hardest decisions of my life. For example: not going to France, pursuing testing for brain surgery, and deciding not to work this summer. I prayed before that appointment and asked God to help me make the right decision- putting my wants aside. Surgery was God's plan all along - not my selfish desires. 

For the first time in my life, I have experienced life and tried new things. I bought my first plane ticket, and road tripped home. I booked my first hotel room, and talked down the price ;). I bought concert tickets to see Macklemore on a whim. My summer has been jam-packed, and I've grown so much. I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment