Monday, June 24, 2013

Surgery


I just got back from vacationing at Lake Powell with my family. While I was there, I was focusing on the phone call from my doctor about surgery. Through this, I lost track of why I was on vacation: to have fun and relax. The stressing and constant phone monitoring was a waste of time. I told myself I would find out as soon as I got home; the timing didn’t matter.

I talked to my doctor this morning, and the results are in…I will be having brain surgery!! All of the tests that I have done this summer have aligned perfectly. The Neurosurgeon, my Epileptologist, as well as another Epileptologist were in attendance for this conference. They decided that: I am an excellent candidate for resective epilepsy surgery, no further testing be done, and that the planned procedure is to remove the malformation that has been causing my seizures completely. I meet with the Neurosurgeon next month, and we go from there! Words cannot express how happy I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment