Thursday, June 6, 2013

Follow-up Appointment


I met with my Epileptologist today, and he said that we are continuing to explore the possibility of surgery; treatment depends on the Neuropsych test, and the WADA results. 

The WADA test is where they insert a catheter into the femoral artery of the leg and put one side of the brain to sleep at a time to assess brain function.  Depending on the results, they will be able to tell which side of the brain is dominant, and from there they will have a pretty clear sign if surgery is even an option. 

I am nervous for the results of the Neuropsych and WADA tests next week. My doctor, the Neuropsychologist, the Neurosurgeon, and other Doctor's will sit and review my case on the 20th of this month. 

I had a moment of weakness and got teary after my appointment today; I had to remind myself that I have to trust God. I feel like He is saying, "Do you trust me now?" after each challenge I face.  Whatever outcome is for the best. I cannot let this consume me, and instead, have a fun-filled summer. :) Please continue to pray for me!

 P.S. I have been "seizure free" for two weeks now (my all time record).

No comments:

Post a Comment