Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Speaking at Church


This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to speak at my church to share my story about my two-year battle with Epilepsy. I was nervous at first, but once I started talking, the words just came and I didn't notice the people in the crowd. When my pastor first told me that I would be speaking for two services, I panicked because I didn't know how long I was speaking for and how I was going to consolidate my life these past two years of being diagnosed with Epilepsy. With my mom and dad by my side, I knew that I could get through it and that everything would be okay.


After speaking at church, I realized how big of an impact my story has on people. To me, my lifestyle is normal because I have adapted to it, but it is amazing to look back and see everything that I have overcome; I have gained a lot of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment