Monday, October 7, 2013

Meeting with the Epileptologist


I met with the Epileptologist last Thursday for a follow up appointment. He asked me about my seizure activity, and I told him that I had one that week and how frustrating it was. 

Right in the middle of the appointment, I had a seizure just like I described in my previous post. I could feel it coming on and I told him that I was having a seizure while talking to him. He asked me to explain what was going on and I said that it was hard to explain, but the sensations lasted about 30 minutes or so. He asked me to walk with one foot in front of the other and I couldn't. 

To my dismay, instead of decreasing my medications like I had hoped, they were increased. Last Friday morning, I took my new dosage and my vision was so bad that I could not walk without falling over. I decided to stay home from school because it was not safe for me to go. 

I had to change my perspective and realize that going two months seizure-free was a miracle, but that God is still testing me and saying, "Do you still trust me?"

This may not be the end of the road for me both surgery and medication wise. Please continue to pray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment