Thursday, October 24, 2013

Busy Week with the Brain


Today was my last follow-up appointment with my Neurosurgeon (hopefully I will not see him again for another brain surgery). On Tuesday, I got my first MRI since surgery, and my Neurosurgeon confirmed that he is pleased with the results. 

My recent seizure activity can be explained to have been "phantom seizures", which are often caused by irritation in the surgical site. There is also the possibility that these seizures have been coming from one of the many Cavernous Malformations on my brain. We are still glad that we did surgery, and the success that came from that, which includes: a dramatic reduction in seizures, as well as no more active bleeding from the large Cavernous Malformation that was removed.

My difficulty with recalling words can be a side effect from the anticonvulsant medications that I am taking, or the fact that I should have been a blonde. ;) Although it is frustrating for me to have trouble thinking of words, it is entertaining for my friends and family; they say that when they talk to me, it is like playing charades!

This Sunday I will be speaking at my church to share my story of my two-year struggle with Epilepsy. I have had a lot of ups and downs, but God has definitely had his hand in my life. From May of this year to now, everything has aligned perfectly. I believe that God does perform miracles, and I am excited to share my story.

P.S. I will most likely be taking seizure medications for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment