Friday, May 16, 2014

A Long Overdue Update

I haven't been able to update my blog for a while due to being busy with school and work. Here is an update on what has been going on lately:

Since December, I have had a total of five seizures. It's frustrating for me because I will have periods of time where I am seizure-free, but the seizures are still breaking through the medication. My battle with epilepsy isn't over, but all I can do is be thankful for the small miracles. 

I met with my Epileptologist yesterday. He decided to increase my dosage and change to long-acting medication. Since I have been having more seizures, I am meeting with my Neurosurgeon next month to discuss the possibility of another brain surgery. There is still more tissue around the first resection that could possibly be causing these seizures as well as other lesions. I will have a better idea of what the future holds after we meet and do an EEG if needed. But in the mean time, I am getting ready to start my summer job, and am preparing for my study abroad in France!

No comments:

Post a Comment