Sunday, May 25, 2014

Three Year Anniversary

Exactly three years ago yesterday I had my first grand mal seizure. Looking back on May 25, 2011, it seems like yesterday. I was a healthy young 18 year old who had graduated from high school, and was looking forward to starting college. To have my whole world rocked in a matter of minutes was not how I imagined my life to be. The numerous doctors appointments, MRI's, medication changes, and brain surgery has been a lot to deal with. But through all of the tough times, I have seen myself grow as a person, and I wouldn't change May 25th for anything.

Now, three years later at 21 years old, I am sitting in a good position. I flew to Seattle a few weeks ago to see my sister and celebrated my 21st Birthday which was amazing. In a month I will be flying to Paris for a week and then I will spend the rest of my time in La Rochelle, France studying at a local university. In August, I will be starting my senior year of college at Weber State University. I have a lot to look forward to, and I think 21 will be my year.


No comments:

Post a Comment